Business and Corporate Law
When deciding to form a business, the Tran Law Firm can assist clients on selecting the best type of business structure that offers the most protection for our client’s business and ideas. The business structure may be a Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Limited Liability Company, Corporation or Non-profit corporation. Once your business is established, we can help you resolve any business conflicts or draft documents to further your business objectives. Due to the many different facets, laws, and regulations in the area of business law, it is often recommended to consult a business lawyer to mitigate risks and avoid litigation. Contact us today for an initial consultation.
The legal services we often provide in meeting your objectives include the following:
- Consultation on the best business structure to meet your business goals and how to protect your interests and ideas.
- Formation of the business structure including obtaining tax identification numbers, business licenses, privilege licenses and drafting the Operating Agreement or Corporate By-Laws.
- Provide legal counsel and strategy in various business matters to best protect your company’s interests and growth moving forward.
- File a security agreement on collateral for lending money and filing a financing statement to notify the public there is a lien on the borrower’s particular piece of property. We can also draft promissory notes to bind both parties when one party is in need of a loan from a friend or relative.
- Filing for a local or federal trademark registration. A trademark is any word, name, symbol or device used by a person or which a person has a legitimate intention to use in commerce, to identify and distinguish your goods from those made or sold by others and to indicate the source of the goods. Let us guide you if someone else has infringed on your trademark so as to avoid market confusion of your trademarked product.
- Protecting your trade secrets. Trade secrets may be a formula, device, or pattern used in a business and provides you with an advantage over competitors who do not know or use it. Typically, if the trade secret cannot be reversed-engineered, seeking a trade secret protection may provide better protection than seeking patent protection.
- File for copyright protection of your ideas, which are usually in the original works of authorship that is fixed in a tangible medium of expression. Let the Tran Law Firm review the degree of creativity in your work, whether the work was fixed in a tangible medium, and whether another author may make a valid claim on the same work product. We can also determine if another person has misappropriated your work for a valid infringement claim.
- Unemployment Benefits Litigation: Whether you’re an employee that was declined for unemployment benefits or an employer that is defending a former employee’s claim, we provide aggressive representation that is needed to properly protect your personal and financial interests.
- Negotiate and draft licensing agreements for the client’s products.
- Review, negotiate and draft: business agreements, partnership agreements, non-compete agreements, employment contracts, asset purchase agreements and landlord-tenant lease agreements.
- Assist in selling your business by negotiating deals with prospective brokers and buyers, and preparing documents for the sale of your business that meets your objective and needs.
- We can advise in dissolving your business or filing for bankruptcy protection.